- Get Skinny Fast – Well Kinda, With Zantrex SkinnyStix
- ShopHQ Special: Skinn Cosmetics Debuts 2 Products
- Shop In The Name Of Breast Cancer Awareness
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Ideas: Murad Hydrate for Hope
- 5 Beauty Tools Every Woman Needs – Each Under $100
- Be “Your Most Radiant You!” With IT Cosmetics One -Day Deal
- Get Beyonce Hair With LUXHAIR NOW by Sherri Shepherd
- Brighten Up Dull Skin With NEW Clarisonic Wonder Tool!
- Get Cheeky With It! New Blush From Hard Candy Cosmetics
- Cure Crusty Heel Syndrome with PMD Hand and Foot Kit
3 Products That Reduce the Appearance of Dark Spots
- Updated: February 15, 2011
Get an even-toned skin with three products that reduce the appearance of dark spots on Black women from Murad, Makari De Suisse, and Black Opal Cosmetics.
Just because the area below are necks is rarely exposed, doesn’t mean that it should be neglected. If you knew that skin was the largest organ (which it is), then why wouldn’t you care for it from head to toe? It makes sense that our bodies are rarely, if ever, given as much attention because our faces are usually the most exposed part of our body.
One of the biggest skin care concerns among black women is pigmented or discolored skin. Getting rid of blemishes or dark spots on your face is one thing, but how do you treat the horrid pimple invasion on your body and the resulting dark spots? To avoid the appearance of blemishes take a proactive stance and try Murad Clarifying Body Spray ($37, murad.com) which treats breakouts before they occur on your body. As you spray the affected area, bacteria is killed, therefore preventing new “bacne” from appearing.
But if the dark spots are already there as a result of “bacne” and you want them lightened or you have patches of skin you want evened out, try Makari De Suisse Body Beautifying Milk ($47.45, makari.com) and pay specific attention to those discolored areas and include your knees and elbows in the treatment. Another benefit of using this milk is that it also moisturizes your skin. Note that this product doesn’t contain hydroquinone, but does contain three natural ingredients: licorice root extract, mulberry root extract & bearberry extract which are chemical-free alternatives to lightening skin discolorations.
Another option for evening your skin tone is Black Opal Body Fade Cream ($12.95, drugstores). After you’ve exfoliated in the shower, apply this as you would any other body lotion concentrating on problem areas along with your knees and elbows. This cream is a mixture of hydroquinone and natural ingredients which helps to both even your skin while hydrating it and works for all skin types.
Just remember that with any over-the-counter (OTC) skin lightening treatment, results don’t occur overnight. Follow the directions for use and make sure to use the product consistently. In some cases, results can be seen within four weeks, however, because most OTC products contain a maximum of 2% of hydroquinone, deeper skin tones usually require a higher percentage of the chemical to see any real difference. In some case, 2% works just fine, however, if a higher percentage is needed, please consult a dermatologist.
NOTE: Hydroquinone is a chemical used to lighten the melanin in your skin.
THIS WEEK I’M GIVING TO 2 LUCKY PEOPLE A BLACK OPAL FADE CREAM!
RULES: Be the first 2 people to leave an awesome comment below this entry & make sure to send me your email address so I can contact you. You must live in the U.S.
Good luck!! Congratulations to Jamilah M. & Diana M.!
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Accessorize Boo-tifully With These Halloween Makeup Musts - October 22, 2014
- Get Skinny Fast – Well Kinda, With Zantrex SkinnyStix - October 21, 2014
- 5 “Beautiful” Ways To Support Breast Cancer Awareness - October 21, 2014