- Peter Thomas Roth: The New Face & New Skin Care
- NEW MAKEUP: Elizabeth Arden Summer Escape Collection
- New LIPSTICK QUEEN Launches – Spring 2014
- Read This Before Booking Your Next Cosmetic Procedure
- READER TELLS ALL About the NEW Strivectin Stretch Mark Cream
- In The Mood For Long Hair? Rent A Wig
- Introducing: MAC Cosmetics Playland Collection
- LOVE This Pint-Size Facial Cleansing Tool – Pulsaderm Buddy
- SheaMoisture Gets Into the Cosmetics Game
- The SFP LookBook – The Ultimate “Must” for Fashion Lovers
3 Summer Lightweight Facial Moisturizers Sponsored by Hawaiian Tropic
- Updated: June 20, 2012
It’s time to lighten up on those heavy creams and incorporate barely there, but effective hydrating systems for the summer. Why? Because your skin generally becomes more oily during the summer, and the need for heavy hydration is less necessary. Check out our picks for three summer lightweight facial moisturizers from Prevage, Hawaiian Tropic, and Physicians Formula that moisturize, block the sun, and hydrate skin around eyes.
Lightweight anything during the warmer months is the key to feeling good while managing significant temperature spikes, and Elizabeth Arden PREVAGE® Hydrating Fluid ($119, elizabetharden.com) is the answer to your prayers. PREVAGE is by far one of the best moisturizing products your face will ever come in contact with because it feels like nothing’s there. Other benefits include no wait-to-absorb time and you can apply PREVAGE over an equally lightweight sunscreen like Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ Sunscreen.
As the heat index revs up you should also invest in a pair of sunglasses and an eye cream. Sunglasses are your defense against squinting, which as you know is a huge contributor to the forming of wrinkles around the eyes and an eye cream like Physicians Formula Hydrating Eye Cream ($19.95, physiciansformulaskincare.com) will help you treat lines that have already settled in and any dark under eye circles you may have. The key to having healthy skin around your eyes is hydration, hydration, hydration and PF gives you that via a gel-cream formula that includes ingredients like Hydra Glucuronic Acid Complex – a scientific way of saying that it plumps and hydrates your skin to help you achieve just that.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Hawaiian Tropic® Sun Care via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Hawaiian Tropic.
Hawaiian Tropic is a trademark of Tanning Research Laboratories, LLC.