- AMBI Model Search Winner Announced!
- Win A Girls Day Out In The Hampton’s Courtesy of Shecky’s!
- Nia Long Dazzles with NEW White Diamonds Lustre Elizabeth Taylor
- New Nail Product Review: Lauren B. Beauty
- No “How-To” Needed With Artis Makeup Brushes!
- New LACOSTE Men’s Fragrance Promises To Inspire…
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes in Pink Grapefruit
- Laura Mercier’s “New Attitude” Summer 2014 Makeup Collection
- NEW Maybelline Product Launches For Summer 2014
- Eliminate The Pain of High Heel Sore Feet
4 Great Beauty Gifts for Mother’s Day
- Updated: April 27, 2010
Mother’s Day is May 9th, and even though I’m not a mom in the traditional sense, I do own a dog. So does that thrust me head first into the Mother’s Day celebration next week? Probably not, but I still expect a little somethin’ somethin’ from my pooch Stanley like one of great beauty gifts for Mother’s Day…
I was happy to see that Iman addresses the needs of women who want to wear makeup, but are a little fearful of it. This sounds a lot like my own mother so I thought she (any many of your own mom’s) would enjoy Iman Beauty Success Kit ($10.99, target.com). For $11 you get a quality makeup kit from a brand we all love and respect with step-by-step directions to putting on your best face. What a great way to bond with mom then with a makeup lesson. Take it from me, she’ll definitely appreciate the effort.
The folks from Kai were nice enough to send me a basket of goodies, and one of the products in it was Kai Body Butter ($60, fredsegal.com). I’m in love. Once you open the jar, your nose will be greeted with the light scent of kai perfume oil which I liken to taking a breath of fresh air. With ingredients like shea butter and safflower seed oil, your skin will feel super smooth.
To inject a little “sexy” into you or mom’s world, I’d suggest the Limited-Edition Autumn Embers Lip Kaleidescope by Le Metier ($95, bergdorfgoodman.com). You have the choice of wearing the shades individually or layering them for an interesting effect.
Give the gift of relaxation and calm with Alora Ambiance 16 oz. Reed Diffuser, Lavanda ($80, aloraambiance.com, also sold at barneys.com). A beauty product this is not, but it is a fantastic gift for mom just the same. The idea of walking into your home and smelling this wonderful fragrance sounds like an absolute joy to me.
Hue Knew It? I did.
- AMBI Model Search Winner Announced! - July 11, 2014
- The 5 “Do’s” of Swimsuit Season - July 9, 2014
- Win A Girls Day Out In The Hampton’s Courtesy of Shecky’s! - July 7, 2014