- New Face of MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam 2015 Is Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Chung & Joe Zee Join Forces For Simply Stylist NYC
- The Trick To Hiding A Bald Spot Is…
- Get Skinny Fast – Well Kinda, With Zantrex SkinnyStix
- ShopHQ Special: Skinn Cosmetics Debuts 2 Products
- Shop In The Name Of Breast Cancer Awareness
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Ideas: Murad Hydrate for Hope
- 5 Beauty Tools Every Woman Needs – Each Under $100
- Be “Your Most Radiant You!” With IT Cosmetics One -Day Deal
- Get Beyonce Hair With LUXHAIR NOW by Sherri Shepherd
4 Remedies For Extremely Dry Cracked Skin
- Updated: December 2, 2010
Keep your skin soft & smooth with four remedies for extremely dry cracked skin with products Ahava, , VMV Hypoallergenics, Eucerin, and Lierac Paris.
We haven’t even reached the first day of Winter (which is December 22nd), and the weather is dipping to near freezing temperatures (40° in some parts of the country, and that’s the high!). So now’s as good a time as any to winterize your skin so you don’t end up with extremely dry and cracked skin that’s an inevitable side-effect of harsh weather.
Snow bunnies like Mariah Carey know this and so should you – extreme weather calls for extreme measures and Ahava Intensive Nourishing Body Cream ($32, ulta.com) is one of those products that can produce the nourishment your skin needs during wintry conditions. This body cream is made with dead sea mineral mud which is rich in nutrients and minerals. Mineral mud is also known for moisturizing dry, rough and cracked skin.
The Know-It-Oil ($40, vmwhypoallergenics.com, 4.2oz) is the unexpected stand-out item of this entry because it’s an oil of all things that can be used on your face & body. The selling points: it’s not greasy, it’s 100% virgin coconut oil and it’s compatible with all skin types – yes, even oily ones. It’s virtually odorless, so wearing it won’t give you a headache and lastly, it’s very effective in treating extremely dry skin.
If you’ve got dry and flaky skin, then a little Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion ($11.79, drugstore.com) may be just what you need. It’s a lotion that gives you intense hydration while it gently exfoliates your skin. It quickly absorbs into your skin and doesn’t feel greasy.
Have you ever felt that pinching sensation on your skin but you couldn’t do anything about it because you were out in public? It’s because of a few factors: your skin is dehydrated, ultra-dry or possibly keratotic (an abnormally thick buildup of cells/skin). Treat “every” part of your body with tender loving care by using Lierac Hydrofilia Super Body Cream ($36, dermadoctor.com). It’s a super-rich body cream that hydrates. The ingredient urea treats flakiness and discomfort.
Hue Knew It? I did.
Make sure to enter for your chance to win in The Glamourous Life Holiday Giveaway! You could be one of three (3) lucky people to win the newest & most glamorous cosmetics from the well-known brand Physicians Formula. Could you be one of my winners? Good luck!
- New Face of MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam 2015 Is Miley Cyrus - October 29, 2014
- Jamie Chung & Joe Zee Join Forces For Simply Stylist NYC - October 28, 2014
- Oil Facial Cleansers: Your Gateway To Radiant Skin - October 26, 2014