- The Overnight Skin Care Solution To Brighter Skin
- For Him This Holiday: A Molton Brown Gift Set
- FLOWER by Drew Barrymore Fragrance Gift Set
- Finally, Kat Von D Beauty Wesbsite Launches!
- Holiday Beauty Collection: By Terry
- Holiday Fragrance Gifts: Katy Perry Killer Queen
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Pretty Please Nail Polish
- Fragrance Gifts: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Copper
- Holiday Body Care Gifts: Laura Mercier
- Gabrielle Union Helps ReLaunch SensatioNail Gel Polish!
Celebrate Your Pregnancy With 4 Skin Care Products for Expectant Mothers
- Updated: February 3, 2011
Celebrate your pregnancy with four skin care products for expectant mothers from Beaute de Maman, Belli, VMV Hypoallergenics, and Avalon Organics.
It’s often said that a woman has a special glow when she’s pregnant, but what does that woman do when her glow is hidden behind a wall of pregnancy acne? She uses one of these products specifically made for expectant mommy’s to treat her delicate skin.
If you’re concerned about what products are safe to use while you’re pregnant, let that your concern go and put your confidence in Beaute de Maman Facial Scrub for Pregnancy Acne ($22.99, target.com) – a product developed by an obstetrician. During this delicate time just remember that you’ll need to keep your face moisturized, but you’ll also need to exfoliate those dead skin cells and get rid of dirt and oil to reveal your clean, soft and gorgeous skin. This fragrance-free facial scrub is good for all skin types.
Another option for combating acne is Belli Acne Cleansing Facial Wash ($22, skindirect.com) which uses lactic acid (also known as milk acid) helps to clear your pores of dirt and promote blemish-free skin. You’ll also get serious exfoliating action with this facial wash without the threat of over-drying it. If you also need a mask, don’t go out and buy one, just leave this facial wash on for five-minutes and it becomes an acne mask.
VMV Hypoallergenics’ MommyCoddling All-Over Lotion ($30, vmvhypoallergenics.com) is a fantastic soothing moisturizer for very dry skin since one of the key ingredients is virgin coconut oil. Use it from head to toe and don’t skip your belly as it soothes itchy stretchmarks. But the benefits continue – you can use this lotion on your newborn baby and kids (if you already have some) as well.
While you’re “treating” your acne, make sure to include anti-aging products to your skin care regimen. Avalon Organics Essential Lift Lifting Serum ($25.95, whole foods, CVS, walgreens) is nature’s way of addressing anti-aging issues for pregnant women. The last thing you should be worrying about are sagging skin or wrinkles, so use this serum to keep your skin looking plump, hydrated and healthy-looking. You’ll be the envy at the obstetrician’s office!
Note: Avalon’s products don’t contain artificial colors and synthetic fragrances (among other ingredients) so you can be certain that your body isn’t absorbing harmful ingredients and harming your unborn child.
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Get “Puuurrty” Skin With These Facial Cleansing Devices - December 23, 2014
- Solve The Drama of Split Ends - December 22, 2014
- Wondering How To Purge Clogged Pores? - December 20, 2014