Pro makeup artist JoJo Rodriguez gives a neutral makeup tutorial for black women using Beauty Blender, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, MAC Cosmetics, NARS, LORAC, and Replenix.
The question is, who hasn’t this celebrity makeup artist worked with? A tiny snapshot of Joanna “JoJo” Rodriguez’s client list reads like the Who’s Who of entertainment’s elite – Lady Gaga, MC Lyte, Mary Mary, Paula Patton, Tracy Reese & Zoe Zaldana, and the list keeps on going and going and going…
It was JoJo’s part-time job behind the MAC cosmetics beauty counter while she attended college where she quickly realized that makeup was her passion. HKI loves JoJo because she’s a makeup artist that believes in enhancing your best features and not burying them beneath a pile of paint. JoJo says that she “loves a clean, pretty face” with a pair of false eyelashes to boot to “polish off a look,” which is why we were thrilled when she shared how she created Shontelle’s stunning neutral look (as seen here) and the exact products she used – happy shopping!
- Prep your skin with a makeup primer (Lorac AquaPrime was used on Shontelle). Even before you apply makeup primer, use JoJo’s favorite exfoliator, Replenix Fortified Exfoliation Scrub ($32.20, skincarerx.com) – she loves that “this product heats up and exfoliates [dry, dead skin] for super smooth skin which makes for a perfect makeup application.”
- Apply liquid foundation with a moist makeup sponge – she uses Beauty Blenders.
- Apply concealer (MAC Select Coverup) under eyes.
- Apply loose powder to set makeup (Bobbie Brown Face Powder)
- Base lower eyelid with MAC’s Paint, Bamboom – goes on wet and dries to a powdery finish. It “lasts all day!”
- Apply MAC’s Blunt eyeshadow in crease of eye.
- Apply MAC’s Naked Lunch eyeshadow in the inner corner of eye for a pop!
- Apply false lashes by Red Cherry
- Line eyes with MAC’s Eye Kohl, Smolder.
- Feather in eyebrows with MAC’s Mystery eyeshadow. JoJo’s Makeup Don’t: drawn on, overexaggerated eyebrows!
Thanks for hangin’ out with us JoJo!
EDITOR’S NOTE: Hue Knew It TV is here!
Hue Knew It? I did.
- 3 Reasons To Love Carol’s Daughter Ultra-Conditioning Collection - March 23, 2017
- Nail Art Rules New York Fashion Week FW’17 Catwalks - February 15, 2017
- Your Guide To Valentine’s Day Kissable Lips - February 6, 2017