- Juicy Couture Launches Viva La Juicy Gold Couture!
- Stars Come Out For Panasonic Beauty Bar!
- NYFW Spring 2015: Essie Nails at Alice + Olivia
- NYFW Spring 2015: NARS Beauty Report – Naeem Khan
- Ingredient Du Jour In Lip Gloss: Dragon’s Blood
- Maintain Healthy Skin & Hair With Vemma Nutrition
- TRENDING: Rose Gold Makeup Brushes
- Extend Your Summer with Bulgari Omnia Indian Garnet
- Get Your Sexy Back W/Deborah Lippmann Lip and Nail Duet
- BeautiControl Introduces New Color Line
Achieve An Elegant Beauty Look With Nude Makeup & Accessories
- Updated: August 31, 2011
The little black dress has staked its claim in just about everyone’s wardrobe for good reason - it transcends time therefore making it a classic. But while we’ve come to appreciate what the little black dress has represented to us over the years, the anything “nude” trend has jetted to the forefront of everyone’s consciousness as a must-have color to be injected into your wardrobes as an anchor to bold prints and into the contents of your makeup bags to bring out the princess in you.
The role of nude makeup is to expose the “beautiful natural you” as these ladies’ makeup artists have so artfully demonstrated on each of them, but you can achieve these elegant looks sans the makeup artist by trying some of these products…
Serena’s cheeks are adorned with the slightest hint of peach blush similar to Dr. Hauschka’s Rouge Powder #01 ($28.90, saffronrouge.com) which has three great selling points: it’s organic, absorbs excess oil because it contains Kaolin (a China clay) & works on all types of skin. To get the simple, highlighted effect of Shanika’s lips, try Lorac’s Sheer Lipstick ($19, ulta.com) and to help bring your eyes alive with a subtle element of sexy like Dani’s (along with the help of false eyelashes and eyeliner), try the organic brand RMS Beauty’s Cream Eyeshadow ($28, saffronrouge.com) – you’ll love this product because it also doubles as a lipstick/blush or bronzer/highlighter for warmer months.
“But I thought makup was about wearing color,” someone once asked me – and my response, “nude is a color and it makes an impact year round.” And to transition this look from day-to-night, celebrity makeup artist Joanna “JoJo” Rodriguez suggests “you pair neutral eyeshadow with a dark eyeliner for a quick change to a smoky, evening look. “
Hue Knew It? I did.