- NARS Fall 2014 Makeup Collection
- Designed For You, By You – INNI Customizable Nail Wraps
- HUM Nutrition Keeps Your Sexy In Check
- Estee Lauder Fall 2014 Makeup Launches
- Perfect Your Summer Selfies With These 6 Tips!
- Glowology Skin Care Giveaway!
- The Body Shop Product Review: Body Butter in Honeymania
- As Seen On TV: The NEW Sheer Cover Studio Makeup Kit
- Beauty & Fashion Tastemakers Celebrate Stylist Ursula Stephen
- Hidden Gem In The City: New London Pharmacy
Achieve An Elegant Beauty Look With Nude Makeup & Accessories
- Updated: August 31, 2011
The little black dress has staked its claim in just about everyone’s wardrobe for good reason - it transcends time therefore making it a classic. But while we’ve come to appreciate what the little black dress has represented to us over the years, the anything “nude” trend has jetted to the forefront of everyone’s consciousness as a must-have color to be injected into your wardrobes as an anchor to bold prints and into the contents of your makeup bags to bring out the princess in you.
The role of nude makeup is to expose the “beautiful natural you” as these ladies’ makeup artists have so artfully demonstrated on each of them, but you can achieve these elegant looks sans the makeup artist by trying some of these products…
Serena’s cheeks are adorned with the slightest hint of peach blush similar to Dr. Hauschka’s Rouge Powder #01 ($28.90, saffronrouge.com) which has three great selling points: it’s organic, absorbs excess oil because it contains Kaolin (a China clay) & works on all types of skin. To get the simple, highlighted effect of Shanika’s lips, try Lorac’s Sheer Lipstick ($19, ulta.com) and to help bring your eyes alive with a subtle element of sexy like Dani’s (along with the help of false eyelashes and eyeliner), try the organic brand RMS Beauty’s Cream Eyeshadow ($28, saffronrouge.com) – you’ll love this product because it also doubles as a lipstick/blush or bronzer/highlighter for warmer months.
“But I thought makup was about wearing color,” someone once asked me – and my response, “nude is a color and it makes an impact year round.” And to transition this look from day-to-night, celebrity makeup artist Joanna “JoJo” Rodriguez suggests “you pair neutral eyeshadow with a dark eyeliner for a quick change to a smoky, evening look. “
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Squint-Friendly Eye Products That Minimize Fine Lines - August 19, 2014
- NARS Fall 2014 Makeup Collection - August 17, 2014
- Designed For You, By You – INNI Customizable Nail Wraps - August 14, 2014