- For Him This Holiday: A Molton Brown Gift Set
- FLOWER by Drew Barrymore Fragrance Gift Set
- Finally, Kat Von D Beauty Wesbsite Launches!
- Holiday Beauty Collection: By Terry
- Holiday Fragrance Gifts: Katy Perry Killer Queen
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Pretty Please Nail Polish
- Fragrance Gifts: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Copper
- Holiday Body Care Gifts: Laura Mercier
- Gabrielle Union Helps ReLaunch SensatioNail Gel Polish!
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Laura Geller Beauty
Beauty Trends From New York Fashion Week
- Updated: September 18, 2012
Many fashions graced the runways at New York City’s Lincoln Center this past week and celebrities arrived en masse to take in the Spring/Summer 2013 presentations. A couple of beauty trends from New York Fashion Week stood out.
New brand fave of HKI, Jouer Cosmetics’ National Makeup Artist, Neil Scibelli created an unforgettable ‘80s Rocker Chic-inspired look for the Kate Spade show, but let’s be real, the real show was watching celebs like Jennifer Hudson attend the Project Runway show wearing the prettiest tangerine-colored glossy lips or Selita Ebanks who showed up the BCBG Max Azria show looking none too shy in an attention-getting color-blocked, floral sheath number and bright pink lips.
To get Jennifer’s glistening lips, but a more subtle, sheer version, try Jouer’s Hampton Lipgloss ($20, nordstrom.com) and to take a walk on the bright side like Miss Selita did, try Anime Lip Tar from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics ($15, occmakeup.com) – a shade that was used on the models at the Ann Yee fashion show. This pink is insane!
“This season’s look is inspired by 80’s rock-and-roll. It’s retro meets rockabilly-chic, with bold pops of color.
At the Samantha Black show, Black Opal Beauty’s Artistic Director, Frank Guyton was charged with making this up and coming fashion designer and models for the show look retro with a modern twist – here go the very strong brow. He killed it!
Get this look…
Cheeks: Lightly dust on your cheeks in an upwards motion Mosaic Bronzer ($10.50) as a cheek highlighter.
Eyes: Mineral Brilliance Eyeshadow Mosaic in Gold Galaxy ($8.95) – Frank’s “go-to” product.
Lips: Blossom rose lipstick
Frank’s Tip for camouflaging two-tone lips: Don’t hide them, embrace them by using a touch of gold or a light, shimmery shade to add dimension.
Join the conversation right now on Twitter and use #HUEKNEWIT #NYFW
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Finally, Kat Von D Beauty Wesbsite Launches! - December 18, 2014
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Pretty Please Nail Polish - December 17, 2014
- What’s In Your Shopping Channel Beauty Bag? - December 3, 2014