As 2016 comes to a close, it only feels right to reflect on what made for the best in drugstore beauty shopping this year. Check out this list of some CVS drugstore best-sellers* along with some other picks that are sooo worth trying. From a 99 cent Wet ‘N Wild lipstick to a makeup remover staple, these products highlight what American’s wanted in their beauty arsenals in 2016.
And without further adieu, the list…
1. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 16HR Powder ($9.79, target.com). I personally use 800 (Cocoa) and get the best coverage each and every single time. I use it as secondary coverage post liquid foundation application. I love this.
2. Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash ($3.99 and $5.49, olay.com). This new body wash formula contains Pro-Glycerin, which is derived from sunflowers, moisturizes and nourishes your skin quickly without leaving a coated feel.
3. Milani Cosmetics Brow Tint Pen ($5.99, target.com). Only after spending $21 on a brow product from Anastasia Beverly Hills, did I discover Milani’s brow pen in one of my many makeup bags and is an exact dupe of its more expensive counterpart right down to the quality, rich color it deposits.
4. Carmex Plus Moisture Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm ($2.69, walgreens.com). I have one in just about every bag. These lip balms are ideal for anyone who wants hydrated lips at a moments notice and on the cheap. It contains Aloe and Vitamin E and leaves a hint of sheen on your lips.
The below products are all CVS bestsellers:
5. CVS Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloth Towelettes* ($5.49 for 30 sheets) Easily and gently remove all your makeup, even tough waterproof mascara with these economically-priced towelettes.
6. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All in 1 Cleanser & Waterproof Makeup Remover* ($8.99) Not only does this bi phase cleanser remove makeup (waterproof too!), it also cleanses and refreshes your skin.
7. Pantene Pro-V Classic Clean 2in1 Shampoo and Conditioner* ($4.99) Use this 2-in-1 to remove excess product buildup so your hair is ready for the next step in the styling process.
8. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Top Coat* ($9.99). I can attest to the worthiness of these no-gel polishes. They work. Your manicure will last up to two weeks, and the removal process is super easy. The number currently in my nail wardrobe? Five shades.
9. Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Dark Wine* 99 cents is money well-spent when spent on this perfect-for-winter highly-pigmented hue.
Got a beauty question? Tweet me @HueKnewIt with the hashtag #AskGregorie
- 3 Reasons To Love Carol’s Daughter Ultra-Conditioning Collection - March 23, 2017
- Nail Art Rules New York Fashion Week FW’17 Catwalks - February 15, 2017
- Your Guide To Valentine’s Day Kissable Lips - February 6, 2017