- Win A Girls Day Out In The Hampton’s Courtesy of Shecky’s!
- Nia Long Dazzles with NEW White Diamonds Lustre Elizabeth Taylor
- New Nail Product Review: Lauren B. Beauty
- No “How-To” Needed With Artis Makeup Brushes!
- New LACOSTE Men’s Fragrance Promises To Inspire…
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes in Pink Grapefruit
- Laura Mercier’s “New Attitude” Summer 2014 Makeup Collection
- NEW Maybelline Product Launches For Summer 2014
- Eliminate The Pain of High Heel Sore Feet
- Say GoodBye to Gray Hair Flawlessly in 30 Seconds!
Fashion Week Beauty Trends Spring 2013
- Updated: September 11, 2012
Discover the Fashion Week beauty trends spring 2013 as seen on the runways of Jason Wu, Alexander Wang, and Harlem’s Fashion Row.
The island of Manhattan was buzzing last week with fashion designers galore showing off their spring/summer 2013 collections at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week to retail buyers, bloggers, and hard core fashionistas.
When the fashion and beauty worlds collide beautiful things happen as was evident on Jason Wu’s runway. The models, dripping in MAC Cosmetics, brought Wu’s vision of ultra glam to life. Inspired by Helmut Newton’s provocative photography, Diane Kendall for MAC created the ultra glam lip by lining the lips with MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry Red ($15, nordstrom.com) and filling in the rest of the lip with MAC Lipstick in Russian Red ($15, maccosmetics.com). Across the eyelids and brows gold shimmer was lightly used, while liquid liner was applied along the lash line. To complete the look, Kendall highlighted the brow and cheekbones. Photo credit: Imaxtree
To create the ultra glam red lip at Jason Wu, makeup artist Diane Kendal for MAC layered five (yes five!) products: two red lip liners, a magenta lipstick, a lip tint blended on just the lip center, and a neon pink powder dabbed all over for a matte finish.
At Alexander Wang, the inspiration for the makeup was simple…flawless skin and natural brows and NARS Cosmetics delivered in spades with what HKI thinks is the most important product like the Sheer Glow Foundation ($42, narscosmetics.com). As written on the NARS website, Glow is a “satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother.” The other products used to create Wang’s flawless look are as follows
Friday, September 7th was an evening to end all evenings – it wrapped up the first week of Mercedes-BenzFashion Week with the 5th Annual Harlem’s Fashion Row, sponsored by Dark & Lovely. HFR celebrates the designs of emerging designers and leading the beauty charge backstage was Dark & Lovely’s lead celebrity hairstylist Keith Campbell. Nicole Murphy even joined the fun by ripping the runway wearing an Omar Salam black jumpsuit and donning one hell of a faux-hawk - you betta work Miss thing!!
Hue Knew It? I did.
- The 5 “Do’s” of Swimsuit Season - July 9, 2014
- Win A Girls Day Out In The Hampton’s Courtesy of Shecky’s! - July 7, 2014
- Nia Long Dazzles with NEW White Diamonds Lustre Elizabeth Taylor - July 6, 2014