Now is as good a time as any to discover new shower gels from Bodycology, Boots, Sebamed, and JĀSÖN that will not only invigorate and clean your skin, but will also give you a quickie mood adjustment.
You should run, not walk towards feel-sexy shower gels like Bodycology Scarlet Kiss Shower Gel ($6.99, drugstore.com), which is a moisturizing formulation of Vitamin E and Grape Seed Extract that conditions and hydrates. Bodycology Scarlett Kiss Shower Gel is an alluring blend of rich pomegranate, luscious peach and warm vanilla, which together sets the mood for a whole lot of naughtiness…think Valentines’ Day, which is just around the corner. The top notes of this fragrant shower gel are Juicy Pomegranate, Peach Skin and Macintosh, that leads to mid tones of Red Peony, Osthmanthus and Marshmallow Crème, and finally ends with dry notes of Rich Vanilla Rum, Oakwood and Scarlet Musk.
Once you’ve dragged yourself from your bed into the bathroom for a much-needed wake-me-up shower, reach for Boots Botanics Energising Body Wash ($8.49, us.boots.com) with soothing orange blossom. This shower gel lathers into rich, thick bubbles that cleanse and invigorates your skin, all the while bursting of freshness so you feel rejuvenated and ready to start your day.
JĀSÖN® Foaming Shower Oils, Renewing Olive is an indulgent shower oil that maintains your skin’s elasticity and promotes radiance, and transforms into a delicate foam when it comes in contact with water. 95% natural, this shower oil nourishes your skin without harming your health or the environment, is water soluble, lightweight, and doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue. And lastly, this shower oil also comes in two more varieties: Smoothing Coconut to hydrate and revitalize dry skin, and Nourishing Shea Butter to calm irritated and problematic skin.
The cost is $10.99 each, 10 fl oz and is available at Whole Foods Market and jason-personalcare.com.
Sebamed Liquid Face & Body Wash ($19.95 at SebamedUSA.com) is your solution to multi-tasking. As you wash your face and body with this ultra-gentle, nourishing product, your skin is simultaneously healing itself naturally from skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Also great for sensitive skin, the face and body wash deep-cleanses your pores without causing dryness or irritation and is fortified with a natural moisturizing complex of vitamins and soothing allantoin, so your skin feels healthier and smoother as your rinse it away. The mood after you’ve used this? Happy. Happy. Happy that nothing irritated your skin!
Mistakes You Make In The Shower
Believe it or not, you’re making mistakes in the shower, says Sebamed. Check out what the brand had to say…
Our daily shower seems pretty straight forward, right? But odds are, at least one step in your well-meaning routine unintentionally leaves your skin or hair worse for wear. For anyone who’s ever gotten that dry, tight feeling, an itchy scalp, irritation or redness after a shower, these five common shower mistakes are likely culprits that unintentionally strip skin of oils and throw the skin’s pH balance out of whack. Fortunately, the fixes are simple! Spending five minutes to optimize your cleaning routine makes can leave your body balanced and refreshed:
- Mistake #1: Overdosing on Shampoo. Ninety-three percent of the country’s adults shampoo almost daily, according to market research firm Mintel. But so much washing strips hair’s natural oils, drying and weakening the strands and irritating the scalp. Dermatologists lathering up just 3 to 4 times per week (or less!) with just a dime sized dollop of soap free shampoo, and only rinsing hair on other days. If you can’t resist washing daily, make sure to choose a pH balanced formula like Sebamed Scalp Activating Shampoo ($15.49 at SebamedUSA.com), as balanced formulations which won’t strip hair of oils.
- Mistake #2: Washing with Soap and Hot Water. They may seem innocent, but traditional soap bars can have a pH of up to 9, leaving skin dry, tight and vulnerable to damage. Ditch the soap and switch to a soap-free cleansing bar or soap-free milky cleanser for both the face and body, like Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash
- Mistake #3: A Sudsy Shave. Shaving with foam and water alone may protect from cuts, but foam isn’t protective enough to defend against razor burn and redness, especially if you’re using hot water. If skin is dry, try using your hair conditioner as an alternative shaving aid. It hydrates and sinks deep within skin to prevent nicks, cuts and razor burn, but its smooth consistency won’t clog your razor, as long as you rinse.
- Mistake #4: Using Your Regular Body Wash on Intimate Areas. The intimate area’s ideal pH is actually different than the rest of our skin (3.8 as opposed to 5.5) and regular soaps and showers, certain clothing, diet and even sex all affect that balance. Stock your shower with a product like Sebamed Feminine Intimate Wash ($15.49 at SebamedUSA.com) that’s specifically formulated at pH 3.8 to balance the delicate pH down there, making it easy to stay fresh, healthy and happy by protecting against imbalances that trigger infections and odors.
- Mistake #5: Not Moisturizing Immediately After Your Shower. After a hot shower, you have three minutes before your body loses essential moisture. To prevent dry, crackly, irritated skin, store a body lotion in your shower and apply all over while skin is still damp. [/su_pullquote]
Got a beauty question? Tweet me @HueKnewIt with the hashtag #AskGregorie