- Don’t Live Without This Creatures Dopp Kit!
- Skin Lightening Treatments That Do More Than Lighten
- We “Likey” Nugg Beauty Face Masks!
- Golden Globes Beauty Looks: Ava Duvernay
- Milani Cosmetics Contest – #Win a Trip to Milan, Italy!
- Get Voluminous Hair With Conair’s Latest Must
- Discover 4 New Ways To Awaken Your Senses
- The Overnight Skin Care Solution To Brighter Skin
- For Him This Holiday: A Molton Brown Gift Set
- FLOWER by Drew Barrymore Fragrance Gift Set
Freeze Frame: Get Perfectly Shaped Eyebrows
- Updated: July 26, 2011
Eyebrows frame your eyes and if improperly shaped throws off your entire canvas. So make sure that either you or the person who’s shaping your eyebrows takes their time to shape them correctly. What’s the rush?!
What isn’t a good look is an over-plucked, over-arched eyebrow. To get perfectly shaped eyebrows take a page out of actresses Kerry Washington & Jill Marie Jones books. Their brows peak just beyond the iris’s of their eyes which perfectly accentuates their almond shapes and provides an inviting space to create magic. Let this be your guide ladies … it’s amazing what a little plucking, shaping and filling in can do.
You could choose to have your brows professionally groomed or opt to do the job yourself seeing as the U.S. economy’s still on shaky ground. If your choice is the latter then follow these steps:
TRIM IT: Comb brows up and trim excess hair with scissors like Tweezerman’s Brow Scissors ($18, ulta.com). Large finger holes for added control. Comb hair down and trim excess hair again.
PREP IT: Outline your natural arch/shape using a white eyeliner pencil. Pluck visible hairs that fall outside of the white line.
ARCH IT: Place the pencil diagonally where it hits the middle of your mouth, nostril, and outside the iris of your eye. This is wear your arch is. Use a steady hand to gradually tweeze a line from the arch to the start of the eyebrow.
FILL IT: Fill in any sparse areas of your eyebrow with short, light-handed strokes with an eyebrow pencil like MAC Eyebrows ($15, nordstrom.com) or with a brow powder like Urban Decay Cosmetics Brow Box ($29, sephora.com) which comes equipped with two brow powders, what looks to be the tiniest tweezer ever made, a mini angled brush and wax to set the brow.
SET IT: To keep unruly brows in place, try Three Custom Color’s Eye Gel ($19.50, threecustom.com) which also volumizes your brows and doesn’t flake. Tip: You can also use clear mascara or a toothbrush that’s been sprayed with hairspray to keep your brows in check.
Before you take the do-it-yourself route, remember that you’ll achieve better results if you use the proper tools.
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Shady Business: How to Wear Marsala - January 18, 2015
- Cheap Chic Solutions To Managing Curly Hair - January 14, 2015
- Get “Puuurrty” Skin With These Facial Cleansing Devices - December 23, 2014