- Glowology Skin Care Giveaway!
- The Body Shop Product Review: Body Butter in Honeymania
- As Seen On TV: The NEW Sheer Cover Studio Makeup Kit
- Beauty & Fashion Tastemakers Celebrate Stylist Ursula Stephen
- Hidden Gem In The City: New London Pharmacy
- SO Cute – The Floral Halo Trend!
- The Conair 3Q: The Next Wave In Hair Dryers
- Calm Frizzy Tresses With NEW Moroccanoil Smooth Collection
- No Nonsense Leggings Gets Stylish This Summer
- AMBI Model Search Winner Announced!
Hair Tutorials Featuring 3 Fantasia Barrino Hairstyles
- Updated: January 25, 2011
Get three hair tutorials featuring popular Fantasia Barrino hairstyles using products from Bed Head, Moroccanoil, Sebastian, Nairobi, Paul Mitchell, and Mizani.
It was easy to get caught up in Fantasia’s personal drama last year, but once you got past it all, you remembered why you became a fan - her rich soulful voice and her closet full of hairstyles. Even if you hated her reality show, Fantasia For Real, sheer curiosity about what style she’d sport week after week is probably what kept you glued to the tube.
To learn how to get two of these looks, I asked Celebrity hairstylist Sophia Alston to share some of her expert styling tips:
THE LOOK: Short & Sassy Asymmetrical Loose Curls
Step 1: If necessary add tracks and then texturize by making choppy layers with a razor.
Step 2: Use a one-inch barrel curling iron to add loose curls.
Step 3: Use Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine Spray (available at salons & spas) to give your hair a veil of shine. TIP: Don’t use too much shine, otherwise the hair will look very “weavy.”
Step 4: Mist hair and curl with Sebastian Zero Gravity Shaper Hair - a brushable hairspray (available at salons & drugstores). This is a great spray for bouncy shapes like this style.
Step 5: Pull hair apart in different directions to achieve fullness.
THE LOOK: Edgy, shaved look on one side, Asymmetrical on the other
Step 1: Use a pomade like Bed Head TIGI Hair Stick which creates texture and hold ($17.58, target.com) to smooth the sides down after your hair is cut.
Step 2: Smooth down sides with a wrap foam (Nairobi - not seen here) & add some tracks of hair if needed to elongate the dramatic side.
Step 3: Use a razor to cut the hair as it gives it a more textured look.
Step 4: To shape, use a small amount of Mizani Silkening & Curling Wax for shine, but don’t weigh it down by using too much grease.
Step 5: Spray hair with Paul Mitchell Hair Shaper & then straighten your hair with a flat iron to complete the “edgy look.”
To schedule a consultation or to book an appointment with Sophia, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Glowology Skin Care Giveaway! - July 24, 2014
- As Seen On TV: The NEW Sheer Cover Studio Makeup Kit - July 22, 2014
- Beauty & Fashion Tastemakers Celebrate Stylist Ursula Stephen - July 22, 2014