- For Him This Holiday: A Molton Brown Gift Set
- FLOWER by Drew Barrymore Fragrance Gift Set
- Finally, Kat Von D Beauty Wesbsite Launches!
- Holiday Beauty Collection: By Terry
- Holiday Fragrance Gifts: Katy Perry Killer Queen
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Pretty Please Nail Polish
- Fragrance Gifts: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Copper
- Holiday Body Care Gifts: Laura Mercier
- Gabrielle Union Helps ReLaunch SensatioNail Gel Polish!
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Laura Geller Beauty
Hair Tutorials Featuring 3 Fantasia Barrino Hairstyles
- Updated: January 25, 2011
Get three hair tutorials featuring popular Fantasia Barrino hairstyles using products from Bed Head, Moroccanoil, Sebastian, Nairobi, Paul Mitchell, and Mizani.
It was easy to get caught up in Fantasia’s personal drama last year, but once you got past it all, you remembered why you became a fan – her rich soulful voice and her closet full of hairstyles. Even if you hated her reality show, Fantasia For Real, sheer curiosity about what style she’d sport week after week is probably what kept you glued to the tube.
To learn how to get two of these looks, I asked Celebrity hairstylist Sophia Alston to share some of her expert styling tips:
THE LOOK: Short & Sassy Asymmetrical Loose Curls
Step 1: If necessary add tracks and then texturize by making choppy layers with a razor.
Step 2: Use a one-inch barrel curling iron to add loose curls.
Step 3: Use Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine Spray (available at salons & spas) to give your hair a veil of shine. TIP: Don’t use too much shine, otherwise the hair will look very “weavy.”
Step 4: Mist hair and curl with Sebastian Zero Gravity Shaper Hair - a brushable hairspray (available at salons & drugstores). This is a great spray for bouncy shapes like this style.
Step 5: Pull hair apart in different directions to achieve fullness.
THE LOOK: Edgy, shaved look on one side, Asymmetrical on the other
Step 1: Use a pomade like Bed Head TIGI Hair Stick which creates texture and hold ($17.58, target.com) to smooth the sides down after your hair is cut.
Step 2: Smooth down sides with a wrap foam (Nairobi – not seen here) & add some tracks of hair if needed to elongate the dramatic side.
Step 3: Use a razor to cut the hair as it gives it a more textured look.
Step 4: To shape, use a small amount of Mizani Silkening & Curling Wax for shine, but don’t weigh it down by using too much grease.
Step 5: Spray hair with Paul Mitchell Hair Shaper & then straighten your hair with a flat iron to complete the “edgy look.”
To schedule a consultation or to book an appointment with Sophia, send an email to email@example.com.
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Wondering How To Purge Clogged Pores? - December 20, 2014
- Finally, Kat Von D Beauty Wesbsite Launches! - December 18, 2014
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Pretty Please Nail Polish - December 17, 2014