- New Face of MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam 2015 Is Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Chung & Joe Zee Join Forces For Simply Stylist NYC
- The Trick To Hiding A Bald Spot Is…
- Get Skinny Fast – Well Kinda, With Zantrex SkinnyStix
- ShopHQ Special: Skinn Cosmetics Debuts 2 Products
- Shop In The Name Of Breast Cancer Awareness
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Ideas: Murad Hydrate for Hope
- 5 Beauty Tools Every Woman Needs – Each Under $100
- Be “Your Most Radiant You!” With IT Cosmetics One -Day Deal
- Get Beyonce Hair With LUXHAIR NOW by Sherri Shepherd
Hair Tutorials Featuring 3 Fantasia Barrino Hairstyles
- Updated: January 25, 2011
Get three hair tutorials featuring popular Fantasia Barrino hairstyles using products from Bed Head, Moroccanoil, Sebastian, Nairobi, Paul Mitchell, and Mizani.
It was easy to get caught up in Fantasia’s personal drama last year, but once you got past it all, you remembered why you became a fan - her rich soulful voice and her closet full of hairstyles. Even if you hated her reality show, Fantasia For Real, sheer curiosity about what style she’d sport week after week is probably what kept you glued to the tube.
To learn how to get two of these looks, I asked Celebrity hairstylist Sophia Alston to share some of her expert styling tips:
THE LOOK: Short & Sassy Asymmetrical Loose Curls
Step 1: If necessary add tracks and then texturize by making choppy layers with a razor.
Step 2: Use a one-inch barrel curling iron to add loose curls.
Step 3: Use Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine Spray (available at salons & spas) to give your hair a veil of shine. TIP: Don’t use too much shine, otherwise the hair will look very “weavy.”
Step 4: Mist hair and curl with Sebastian Zero Gravity Shaper Hair - a brushable hairspray (available at salons & drugstores). This is a great spray for bouncy shapes like this style.
Step 5: Pull hair apart in different directions to achieve fullness.
THE LOOK: Edgy, shaved look on one side, Asymmetrical on the other
Step 1: Use a pomade like Bed Head TIGI Hair Stick which creates texture and hold ($17.58, target.com) to smooth the sides down after your hair is cut.
Step 2: Smooth down sides with a wrap foam (Nairobi - not seen here) & add some tracks of hair if needed to elongate the dramatic side.
Step 3: Use a razor to cut the hair as it gives it a more textured look.
Step 4: To shape, use a small amount of Mizani Silkening & Curling Wax for shine, but don’t weigh it down by using too much grease.
Step 5: Spray hair with Paul Mitchell Hair Shaper & then straighten your hair with a flat iron to complete the “edgy look.”
To schedule a consultation or to book an appointment with Sophia, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hue Knew It? I did.
- New Face of MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam 2015 Is Miley Cyrus - October 29, 2014
- Jamie Chung & Joe Zee Join Forces For Simply Stylist NYC - October 28, 2014
- Oil Facial Cleansers: Your Gateway To Radiant Skin - October 26, 2014