To compile this list of must-have Father’s Day gifts, HKI took into account four things: the gift-that-keeps-on-giving factor, the timeless factor, the cool factor and the will-he-actually-use-it? factor.
Under the cool and gifts-that-keep-on-giving umbrella falls the Blade Buddy ($20, getbladebuddy.com) because it puts money into the pocket of the giftee while it saves the environment. This razor saver literally takes the dull out of dull blades which cause unsightly nicks, cuts and razor burns. To use, lubricate the pad with a little shaving cream, follow the direction of the up arrows at the base of the tool and press forward with light pressure 15-20 times and within minutes, the giftee has a virtually new razor without the expense! With over two billion razor blades & packaging being dumped into landfills each year, every dad should make the Blade Buddy a medicine cabinet staple. Dare I say it? Thrifty just became a little sexy.
At first sniff HKI instantly became an Hermitage Heritage 04 Fragrance groupie – a classic fragrance any man would do well to own and worth every penny of it’s special price tag. Introduced for Spring/Summer 2013, Heritage 04, gently opens nasal passages with Vetiver, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Violet and Black Truffles, begins to settle with notes of Agarwood, Vanilla, Cacao, Pink Pepper, Geranium and Nutmeg and gracefully overlaps with bottom notes of Amber Woods, Oak Moss, Black Pepper, Cedar and Musk for a beautiful scent that lingers on the senses, softly. Timeless.
To purchase: $185-$275, krigler.com, The Plaza Hotel, One West 58th Street, New York at The Plaza Hotel’s Concourse Level. 212.371.1122.
And here we land on the last factor…will-he-actually-use-it? factor. For the dad whose frequent flyer miles have funded many a trip for you, get him the Mack Weldon – Anthony Deluxe Overnight Pack ($80, mackweldon.com). This pack spoils your jet-settin’ dad with what he needs to travel in comfort – a set of Mack Weldon boxer briefs, striped socks and v-neck undershirt, and Anthony Logistics For Men Shave Cream (1oz), After Shave Balm (1oz), Invigorating Rush Hair & Body Wash (3.4oz) and Mint Lip Balm (.25oz).
From Wendy Williams‘ lips to the digital world of HKI, if your dad loves to “luxuriate,” make sure the H2O Oasis Men Grooming Essentials ($65, h2oplus.com) makes it onto your shortlist. As the shower steams up, dad will, to himself, marvel at what this kit with full-size product actual comes with – all the fixin’s for a spa treatment. *grin*
- Oasis Men Precision Shave Hydro Foam lifts and lubricates with a water-light nourishing formula for a close, comfortable shave.
- Oasis Men Energizing Facial Scrub buffs away pore-clogging impurities while it nourishes skin for improved tone and an ultra-smooth shave.
- Oasis Men Oil-Free Post Shave Balm that cools, comforts and hydrates freshly-shaved skin.
- Eye Oasis Instant Hydrating Stick cools, refreshes and nourishes delicate under eyes with stimulating caffeine and hydrating marine botanicals.
- Sea Moss Black Sand Bath Bar gently exfoliates dull skin using micro-fine volcanic black sand leaving it feeling smooth and invigorated.
Happy deliberating ya’ll!
- 3 Reasons To Love Carol’s Daughter Ultra-Conditioning Collection - March 23, 2017
- Nail Art Rules New York Fashion Week FW’17 Catwalks - February 15, 2017
- Your Guide To Valentine’s Day Kissable Lips - February 6, 2017