Ladies, don’t get caught out there with a hairy anything unless you consider “stubble” sexy. We already know that the Oscar-winning actress, Monique does. Today’s lesson is all about body hair growth inhibitors you can use to treat your precious skin after you’ve shaved, waxed, or even after you’ve committed to paying the big bucks ($200 a session or more) to have your hairs zapped away with a laser.
So many options have been offered to us on how we should whisk away those nagging hairs that poke through our hose & our undies (if we let it go too far), but then what do you do after the hair is gone via wax, shave or laser? You can use Whish Pomegranate Shave Savour Hair Inhibiting Gel ($26, whishbodyproducts.com) to replenish your skin’s moisture level and to also slow hair growth. For you natural gals, yes, it’s made with natural and organic ingredients.
A second post-laser treatment product that you can try is the gentle moisturizer called Avene Cream for Intolerant Skin ($19.50, skindirect.com). If you’ve got hypersensitive skin you can rejoice because this product is specifically made with the least amount of ingredients to minimize any irritation. It’s fragrance-free, colorant-free and paraben-free.
If you find yourself having to shave or wax way more than most and lasering isn’t something you’re interested in, then try a product that works to inhibit the growth of hair like Keramene Body Hair Minimizer ($65, dermadoctor.com). It does so in two ways:
- It forces your hair follicles into the second stage of the hair growth cycle – the catagen state (the first is anagen and the third is telogen). Catagen is also known as a transitional stage and 3% of your hair is always in this phase. It signals the end of active hair growth.
- It suppresses the excessive growth of soft keratin (which produces scaley-like cells that appears on the outer-most level of your skin) so your remaining hairs grow slower.
While the price tag may be hefty, consider what you get in return – less shaving/waxing and it’s really low-maintenance. Simply smooth on Keramene as you would a moisturizer where you need it and go about your day. What’s more, this product can be used by both men and women.
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Get the Look: The Granny Trend - July 28, 2015
- Get Healthy Color Treated Hair Like Katy Perry - July 1, 2015
- Help Dimply Thighs Now…Get Ready For Shorts Season! - June 22, 2015