- Glowology Skin Care Giveaway!
- The Body Shop Product Review: Body Butter in Honeymania
- As Seen On TV: The NEW Sheer Cover Studio Makeup Kit
- Beauty & Fashion Tastemakers Celebrate Stylist Ursula Stephen
- Hidden Gem In The City: New London Pharmacy
- SO Cute – The Floral Halo Trend!
- The Conair 3Q: The Next Wave In Hair Dryers
- Calm Frizzy Tresses With NEW Moroccanoil Smooth Collection
- No Nonsense Leggings Gets Stylish This Summer
- AMBI Model Search Winner Announced!
Pregnancy Beauty Products That Soothes Dry Skin & Stretch Marks
- Updated: May 2, 2012
Check out three pregnancy beauty products from Mustela, California Baby, and Weleda that soothes dry skin and stretch marks that can occur during pregnancy.
Usually, the first emotion a woman feels after hearing the news from her doctor that she’s pregnant is complete joy, but that moment could easily be trumped by “how bad will my stretch marks be and will they ever go away?” What a wonderful world this would be if stretch marks and dry skin were your only worries during your baby’s nine month incubation period.
According to BabyZone.com, a woman’s breasts expands as the stomach expands and because of changing hormones, the skin around the breast area and beyond becomes dry and uncomfortable. To ease that discomfort, HKI suggests Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm ($14, sephora.com). It’s a lanolin-free & thank goodness a fragrance-free balm that nourishes and protects the cracked skin surrounding the areola.
Also consider California Baby Natural Nourishing Cream ($20, ulta.com) to hydrate and protect not only your breasts, but your neck and décolleté. The scent is a blend of Roman Chamomile, lemon and peppermint along with certified organic cocoa butter and mimosa flower wax - don’t worry, it’s very delicate on the senses. Nourishing Cream attempts to balance your skin during the pregnancy stage by leaving you with moisturized skin and a little aromatherapy.
The key to easing your concern over stretch marks is to treat it from the outset and to invest in products that soothe your belly like Weleda Stretch Mark Massage Oil (formerly Pregnancy Body Oil, $25, weleda.com). Weleda is made with almond oil – a known ingredient that smooths tight skin and improves the appearance of stretch marks and works to prevent new ones from forming. Weleda is a gentle formula made with arnica flower extract to help heal tightness and wheat germ oil which conditions and refines your skin along with vitamins A, D & E. Get ready to experience some really intense hydration mommys-to-be!
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Glowology Skin Care Giveaway! - July 24, 2014
- As Seen On TV: The NEW Sheer Cover Studio Makeup Kit - July 22, 2014
- Beauty & Fashion Tastemakers Celebrate Stylist Ursula Stephen - July 22, 2014