- Beauty & Fashion Tastemakers Celebrate Stylist Ursula Stephen
- Hidden Gem In The City: New London Pharmacy
- SO Cute – The Floral Halo Trend!
- The Conair 3Q: The Next Wave In Hair Dryers
- Calm Frizzy Tresses With NEW Moroccanoil Smooth Collection
- No Nonsense Leggings Gets Stylish This Summer
- AMBI Model Search Winner Announced!
- Win A Girls Day Out In The Hampton’s Courtesy of Shecky’s!
- Nia Long Dazzles with NEW White Diamonds Lustre Elizabeth Taylor
- New Nail Product Review: Lauren B. Beauty
New Spring Must Have Beauty Products
- Updated: March 28, 2012
Changing seasons always brings with it trend-worthy wardrobe updates and what goes best with new clothes? New spring must have beauty products! Check out what “new” means to three popular drugstore beauty brands whose products they hope will find a home in your makeup kit this season.
Black Opal Beauty has long been a draw for women of color because of their deliciously-low price points and the range of products that speak directly to a vast array of skin tones. This season, Black Opal introduces new jewel-tone, richly-pigmented single eyeshadows for spring: Wifey (purple), Haute Haifa (fuschia), Love Fetish(soft pink) & No Scrubs (deep eggplant) which are all the perfect stylish addition to your new hot & happenin’ wardrobe. ($5, blackopalbeauty.com & drugstores)
There was an audible sigh of relief when 9 out of 14 of the newest L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup ($10.95, lorealparis.com) shades showed up at my doorstep…finally L’Oreal got the message that women of color come in a multitude of hues and those skin tones need foundations that work just for them…that work just for you. L’Oreal True Match “boasts the largest shade available in Foundation in the U.S., mass or prestige” with 33 shades in all.
The press-on nail trend is showing no signs of slowing down as evidenced by imPress Press-On Manicure, Lil Drummer Girl ($7.99. click for locations)…so what’s the appeal? There’s no dry time, you get a long-lasting shine withstands the test of time, it’s easy to remove – just peel ‘n go and the nails last up to one week while simultaneously protecting your natural nail. Great product, but I think I’ll stick with my therapeutic changing of the nail polish ritual…it does wonders for the mind!
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Beauty & Fashion Tastemakers Celebrate Stylist Ursula Stephen - July 22, 2014
- Hidden Gem In The City: New London Pharmacy - July 21, 2014
- SO Cute – The Floral Halo Trend! - July 20, 2014