- Don’t Live Without This Creatures Dopp Kit!
- Skin Lightening Treatments That Do More Than Lighten
- We “Likey” Nugg Beauty Face Masks!
- Golden Globes Beauty Looks: Ava Duvernay
- Milani Cosmetics Contest – #Win a Trip to Milan, Italy!
- Get Voluminous Hair With Conair’s Latest Must
- Discover 4 New Ways To Awaken Your Senses
- The Overnight Skin Care Solution To Brighter Skin
- For Him This Holiday: A Molton Brown Gift Set
- FLOWER by Drew Barrymore Fragrance Gift Set
New Spring Must Have Beauty Products
- Updated: March 28, 2012
Changing seasons always brings with it trend-worthy wardrobe updates and what goes best with new clothes? New spring must have beauty products! Check out what “new” means to three popular drugstore beauty brands whose products they hope will find a home in your makeup kit this season.
Black Opal Beauty has long been a draw for women of color because of their deliciously-low price points and the range of products that speak directly to a vast array of skin tones. This season, Black Opal introduces new jewel-tone, richly-pigmented single eyeshadows for spring: Wifey (purple), Haute Haifa (fuschia), Love Fetish(soft pink) & No Scrubs (deep eggplant) which are all the perfect stylish addition to your new hot & happenin’ wardrobe. ($5, blackopalbeauty.com & drugstores)
There was an audible sigh of relief when 9 out of 14 of the newest L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup ($10.95, lorealparis.com) shades showed up at my doorstep…finally L’Oreal got the message that women of color come in a multitude of hues and those skin tones need foundations that work just for them…that work just for you. L’Oreal True Match “boasts the largest shade available in Foundation in the U.S., mass or prestige” with 33 shades in all.
The press-on nail trend is showing no signs of slowing down as evidenced by imPress Press-On Manicure, Lil Drummer Girl ($7.99. click for locations)…so what’s the appeal? There’s no dry time, you get a long-lasting shine withstands the test of time, it’s easy to remove – just peel ‘n go and the nails last up to one week while simultaneously protecting your natural nail. Great product, but I think I’ll stick with my therapeutic changing of the nail polish ritual…it does wonders for the mind!
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Shady Business: How to Wear Marsala - January 18, 2015
- Cheap Chic Solutions To Managing Curly Hair - January 14, 2015
- Get “Puuurrty” Skin With These Facial Cleansing Devices - December 23, 2014