- The Cure For Hiding Bald Patches Is…
- Get Skinny Fast – Well Kinda, With Zantrex SkinnyStix
- ShopHQ Special: Skinn Cosmetics Debuts 2 Products
- Shop In The Name Of Breast Cancer Awareness
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Ideas: Murad Hydrate for Hope
- 5 Beauty Tools Every Woman Needs – Each Under $100
- Be “Your Most Radiant You!” With IT Cosmetics One -Day Deal
- Get Beyonce Hair With LUXHAIR NOW by Sherri Shepherd
- Brighten Up Dull Skin With NEW Clarisonic Wonder Tool!
- Get Cheeky With It! New Blush From Hard Candy Cosmetics
The Right Red Lip Color For Every Skin Tone
- Updated: March 3, 2010
Drama in my life is forbidden, but drama on my lips is a must! The quickest way to inject a little color into your life without having to do a complete wardrobe overhaul is with a tube of red lipstick. You need to remember that one red does not fit all so finding the proper shade of red for your hue is imperative. And when you do, you won’t know how to handle all of the compliments that’ll be thrown your way. It’s happened to me and I have no doubt it’ll happen to you, too.
During a MAC store visit last year, I stumbled upon MAC Cosmetics Ruby Woo Lipstick (maccosmetics.com, $14) and MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry (maccosmetics.com, $13). I loved this product from the outset. It’s perfect for those days when a clear gloss just isn’t enough to wow the masses. Incidentally, these are also the same products that were used on the models in the Donna Karan fashion show held in New York City recently.
Based on your skin tone, the perfect red lip color is within reach. [READ: Fall In Love With A Sultry, Smokey Gaze to uncover your skin tone.]
Fair & Beige: Stick with reds that have a blue or brown undertone. Talk about high-impact beauty!
Bronze & Golden: If you’re complexion is similar to this model’s, then you should look for deep reds that have a brown base. The more intense the color the better.
Deep: If you’re in this category, stick with pinky reds. They have a greater impact against your skin tone.
The drama a red lip color brings to your lips is exactly what you should strive for.
Quick Tip: You need a clean canvas before applying any lipstick, so exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate your lips!
Hue Knew It? I did.
- The Cure For Hiding Bald Patches Is… - October 23, 2014
- Accessorize Boo-tifully With These Halloween Makeup Musts - October 22, 2014
- Get Skinny Fast – Well Kinda, With Zantrex SkinnyStix - October 21, 2014