- The Overnight Skin Care Solution To Brighter Skin
- For Him This Holiday: A Molton Brown Gift Set
- FLOWER by Drew Barrymore Fragrance Gift Set
- Finally, Kat Von D Beauty Wesbsite Launches!
- Holiday Beauty Collection: By Terry
- Holiday Fragrance Gifts: Katy Perry Killer Queen
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Pretty Please Nail Polish
- Fragrance Gifts: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Copper
- Holiday Body Care Gifts: Laura Mercier
- Gabrielle Union Helps ReLaunch SensatioNail Gel Polish!
The Right Red Lip Color For Every Skin Tone
- Updated: March 3, 2010
Drama in my life is forbidden, but drama on my lips is a must! The quickest way to inject a little color into your life without having to do a complete wardrobe overhaul is with a tube of red lipstick. You need to remember that one red does not fit all so finding the proper shade of red for your hue is imperative. And when you do, you won’t know how to handle all of the compliments that’ll be thrown your way. It’s happened to me and I have no doubt it’ll happen to you, too.
During a MAC store visit last year, I stumbled upon MAC Cosmetics Ruby Woo Lipstick (maccosmetics.com, $14) and MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry (maccosmetics.com, $13). I loved this product from the outset. It’s perfect for those days when a clear gloss just isn’t enough to wow the masses. Incidentally, these are also the same products that were used on the models in the Donna Karan fashion show held in New York City recently.
Based on your skin tone, the perfect red lip color is within reach. [READ: Fall In Love With A Sultry, Smokey Gaze to uncover your skin tone.]
Fair & Beige: Stick with reds that have a blue or brown undertone. Talk about high-impact beauty!
Bronze & Golden: If you’re complexion is similar to this model’s, then you should look for deep reds that have a brown base. The more intense the color the better.
Deep: If you’re in this category, stick with pinky reds. They have a greater impact against your skin tone.
The drama a red lip color brings to your lips is exactly what you should strive for.
Quick Tip: You need a clean canvas before applying any lipstick, so exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate your lips!
Hue Knew It? I did.