- For Him This Holiday: A Molton Brown Gift Set
- FLOWER by Drew Barrymore Fragrance Gift Set
- Finally, Kat Von D Beauty Wesbsite Launches!
- Holiday Beauty Collection: By Terry
- Holiday Fragrance Gifts: Katy Perry Killer Queen
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Pretty Please Nail Polish
- Fragrance Gifts: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Copper
- Holiday Body Care Gifts: Laura Mercier
- Gabrielle Union Helps ReLaunch SensatioNail Gel Polish!
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Laura Geller Beauty
Wear The Street Chic Bright Colored Jeans Trend For Spring
- Updated: February 15, 2012
If the mere thought of wearing color has you breaking out in hives or raises your blood pressure then we need to talk. Maybe you should chant the words “color isn’t evil” 100 times daily to help you break free of your ‘black only’ wardrobe and neutral nail & lip palette.
If you believe that color is the enemy and not your best friend, then take a gander at the celebs in this entry because Kerry Washington, Rihanna, Kelly Rowland and Rochelle Wiseman don’t look too shabby in their non-black gear do they? These fashionable celebs wear this Spring’s trend of brights with denim jeans leading the charge with major pops of colors from the boldest of reds, to flirty pinks, super chic blues and electric yellows.
Not convinced yet? Think of a colorful wardrobe as another way to brighten your complexion and a way to capture the public’s attention without saying a word.
On the off-chance you’re now ready to join the color movement, invest in a pair of bright denims from the Kasil Premium Denim Collection which is known for their hand-crafted modern, yet classic tailoring techniques. A-list celebs who’ve rocked Kasil’s are Jennifer Aniston, Kate Beckinsale & Selma Hayek. Wear your new jeans with an animal-printed top, a graphic or plain t-shirt, or for an edgier look with this tie-dye, jersey scarf with cutout detailing Shredded Saturn Scarf ($38, agabhumi.com) which can also be worn as a vest and shirt. And add the black Decameron bag ($62, agabhumi.com, may no longer be available) with its grommets & studded accents Decameron bag ($62, agabhumi.com, may no longer be available) to really set this look off.
And since the lands of beauty and fashion work hand in hand, companies like Wet n Wild are also on trend this Spring with the introduction of brights into their latest makeup collection currently on sale in stores now. “The brighter the better” this blog says, and one of the favorites of HKI is Wet N Wild’s Fast Dry, The Wonder Yellows ($1.99, cvs.com). A color that’s long been in the NARS cosmetics line is the shocking pink Schiap Semi-matte lipstick ($24, barneys.com) that looks incredible on a gammet of skin tones from the fairest to the deepest…the only question is are you ready to be in the spotlight when you wear either of these makeup products?
The one truth about color is that everyone can and should wear it. It’s time for you to take your turn in the spotlight.
Hue Knew It? I did.
- Finally, Kat Von D Beauty Wesbsite Launches! - December 18, 2014
- Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Pretty Please Nail Polish - December 17, 2014
- What’s In Your Shopping Channel Beauty Bag? - December 3, 2014