- Matrix Does Co-Washing Hair Products!
- New Model-Approved Hair Care: Schwarzkopf ULTIME
- Oscars Red Carpet Hair: Margot Robbie
- Oscars Red Carpet Beauty Looks: Lupita Nyong’o
- Oscars Red Carpet Beauty Looks: Ava Duvernay
- Why Moisture Jelly Products Are A “Do”
- Every IT Girl Should Rock This Perfume
- The Best Way To Get A Hollywood Smile
- Carmex Lip Balm = Smooch-Worthy Pouts!
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Does Suncare That Evens Skin Tone
Your Guide To After Sun Exposure Skin Care Products
- Updated: July 17, 2012
There’s a missing piece to the sunscreen puzzle. There’s plenty of talk about how to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays, especially during the summer, but there are few, if any conversations about what to use on your skin after your day of fun in the sun.
For those of you who experience prickly, sensitive-to-the-touch skin after a getting a few rays either on purpose or by accident, try one of these after sun exposure skin care products for some well-deserved comfort…
HKI just recently made the acquaintance of the natural skin care line Pevonia and is happy to say – we likey! we likey! We like Pevonia’s Phyto-Aromatic Mist ($34.50, pevonia.com) because each spritz of this hydrating mist made with Chamomile, Calendula and French Rose feels like your skin is getting a light drink of water.
Skin need extra attention? Try Burt’s Bee’s Aloe & Linden After Sun Soother ($10, burtsbees.com). After Sun Soother is made with aloe vera and linden extract and is intensely hydrating, absorbs quickly and soothes your skin. Another option for skin needing a tad more attention is Korres Youghurt After-Sun Cooling Gel($23.50, hsn.com). This ultra-cooling gel made with real yogurt, sunflower seed and soybeen oil is the answer to recovering moisture your skin has lost throughout the day.
Singer, Amber Bullock Photo Credit: Getty Images