The BET Awards 2010 did not disappoint last night. High points of the evening my favorite beauty looks from fashionable divas rapper Nicki Minaj, singer/actress Ashanti, and singer Ciara, to Chris Brown’s stage performance that brought tears to many in the audience.
Now you can sport the sexy looks with our beauty look tutorials featuring Ciara, Ashanti and Nicki.
As usual, Ciara gave us serious face. To match her black, rocker-chic Balmain mini, her bronzed complexion was appropriately adorned with a soft smoky eye. To get this look:
- Step 1: Lightly apply bronzer on your cheekbones, temples, and forehead.
- Step 2: Use a neutral eyeshadow on the base of your lids.
- Step 3: Line the bottom lashes with black eye liner or dark brown eyeshadow and then bring the brown eyeshadow into the crease of your eye.
- Step 4: Apply a creamy matte lipstick to keep the attention on your eyes.
Ashanti, gave us sweet and pretty.
- Step 1: Use a powder brush to apply loose face powder. Keep it light since you still want to see your skin glow.
- Step 2: Apply a shimmer eyeshadow right beneath your brow bone to accentuate your brow shape.
- Step 3: Line the bottom lashes with black eye liner and use a dark gray eyeshadow on your lower eyelid.
- Step 4: Apply a rose, gold or bronze bronzer to contour your cheeks.
- Step 5: Make your lips luscious and your skin dewy-looking by applying a creamy pink lipstick.
Everyone calls her Barbie, but Nicki Minaj is my version of Lady Gaga. I call her look a “Coral Fantasy.”
- Step 1: Apply a shimmer shadow to the brow bone.
- Step 2: Use shimmer highlighter just inside the tear duct, and then apply a highly-pigmented mint green eyeshadow from the tear duct to just beyond the middle of your eyelid.
- Step 3: Apply a taupe or light brown shadow along the crease of your eye. To get the cat-eye affect with liquid liner, see my post Model Cause.
- Step 4: Use a light peach blush or bronzer on the cheeks.
- Step 5: Wrap it up by applying the color of the season on your lips – pink. In Nicki’s case, she kept the color bold with a bubble gum pink.
Hue Knew It? I did.
June 26, 2010 – Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images North America