Natural Hair Texture
I got good hair I got African in my family.
So many women to this very day still struggle with the notion of letting their natural hair texture be seen beyond their homes. Society remains bothered by what grows from our scalp so much so that this July, New York passed it’s own Natural Hair Discrimination Law…so sad that this is even necessary, but we are here for it if it means that marginalization in the workplace [because of our natural hair] comes to a screeching halt.
As more women embrace their natural hair without fear of reprisal, Curls Dynasty should be considered their go-to brand for superior hair care.
Founded in 2014 by Nickie Nougaise, Curls Dynasty sought to fill a void with natural hair texture products that are free of harsh chemicals. The line includes…
- Curls Dynasty Give Me Slip Blast Hydration Conditioner ($14; 8oz) – a nourishing conditioner that revitalizes and moisturizes the hair. Can be used as either a co-wash, or a post-cleansing treatment. Contains tons of slip for easy detangling of strands from ends to root. The Give Me Slip Blast Hydration Conditioner promotes healthy hair care with key ingredients like Yucca Leaf Extract, Hydralyzed Keratin and Pro-Vitamin B5 which prevent hair loss and encourage strong strands.
- Curls Dynasty Cocoa Mint Moisture Rich Shampoo ($12.89; 8oz) – this sulfate-free shampoo purifies the scalp and hair without sacrificing moisture. Hydrating ingredients like Organic Aloe Juice and Organic Avocado Oil attract moisture from the air and draw them into the hair strands. The combination of Shea Butter, Organic Dark Chocolate Extract and Organic Peppermint Oil create an invigorating, cooling sensation on the scalp that not only cleanses but also increases bloodflow to further encourage hair growth.
- Curls Dynasty Pumpkin Mint Deep Treatment Masque ($16; 8oz) – this deep conditioner penetrates the hair shaft to repair dry, damaged curls. Pumpkin Seed Oil delivers natural vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants for strong, healthy hair along with Cinnamon Bark Powder which stimulates hair growth. Apply to hair focusing on damaged areas and leave on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. For added penetration, apply heat from a hooded dryer or cap.
- Curls Dynasty Kalahari Smoothie Leave-In ($13; 8oz) – a leave-in treatment that melts away knots, hydrates and softens hair. The Kalahari Smoothie Leave In Conditioner promotes healthy hair growth and length retention. Organic Aloe Leaf Juice blends with Organic Green Tea and Pineapple Fruit Extract to produce smooth, shiny hair that nourishes the scalp and hair strands. Comes with a convenient pump for easy application.
- Curls Dynasty Twisted Definition ($15; 8oz) – Curl styler made specifically for twisted styles with a soft hold for long-lasting styles that are still soft to the touch. Aloe Juice infused with Organic Marshmallow Root, Manuka Honey and Shea Butter work together to provide soft hold and the perfect mixture for definition that improves scalp health.
Nickie says that “The products were formulated to give your hair ultimate moisture and help you retain that moisture without compromising the quality of your style. “With consistent use of Curls Dynasty products, your hair will feel stronger, longer, shinier, and overall healthier.
Curls Dynasty has been tested on the entire spectrum of curl patterns, hair types, and they are known to yield consistent, reliable results every single time.” Everyone with naturally curly hair – whether transitioning or full-fledged, curly, wavy or kinky – can count on the same dependable results: hydration, definition, and shine.
Got a beauty question? Tweet me @HueKnewIt with the hashtag #AskGregorie