In a perfect world, we’d all be able to use the same hair products no matter the hair type and get equally, fabulous results. It would certainly cut my shopping time in half so I could troll the streets in search of the latest eyeshadow…there has to be a support group for beauty junkies like me. There just has to be, don’t ya think? But let’s get real. The products that work for my funky faux hawk (and it is cute ladies if I say so myself), doesn’t necessarily work for you. So,”what products work for my ‘do” you ask?
But are there hair products for all hair types? Well, first thing’s first. All hair types should have a shampoo that cleans and moisturizes your precious strands. Celebrity hair stylist, Kimberly Kimble has the perfect solution with Kimble Moisturizing Shampoo. It makes your hair feel super soft and manageable. But when it comes to styling coarse, straight or wavy hair, you have to be careful to choose the correct products that will give you your desired outcome. Pick this item up at your local Target.
I’m such a fan of the line of curly hair products from Miss Jessie’s Original. They’re made specifically for kinky/natural/curly hair. Maybe songstress Janelle Monae’s heard of it? Maybe even uses it? Miss Jessie’s Original Curly Pudding is known for being the “smoothe operator.” It smoothes out the kinkiest of hair strands and reveals super shiny stretched out curls. Another product from the line that catches my attention is a daily shampoo, again, specifically for kinky/natural/curly hair called Crème De La Curl Cleansing Crème. Can’t commit to a 12oz bottle? That’s okay. Just buy a 1oz packet for just $2.00 and test the waters before you buy. But, if you’re still not sure about any of these natural hair care products and need more information, then schedule a consultation. They’d be happy to see you!
If you’re looking to keep your hair full of body and shine like Nia Long, then try Mizani Thermastrength Style Serum. It’s a heat-activated serum that also strengthens your hair and helps to prevent breakage.
If you’re sporting a precision straight haircut like actress/model, Ya Ya, then you can’t go wrong with stylist to the stars, Ellin Lavar’s ThermMist TM. Spray your hair with this mist and watch as it smoothes and preps your hair’s surface to make that all-too-important flat iron work better. It also leaves your hair with an unbelievable shine and control.
Hue Knew It? I did.
MY PRO PRODUCT DETAILS:
- Kimble Moisturizing Shampoo: Clean, Fresh, French Lavender Scent. Helps to Make Hair Soft and Shiny, Helps to Restore Lost Moisture in Hair, Helps to Preserve Hair Color. Ideal for All Hair Types $11.99
- Crème De La Curl Cleansing Crème: Finally the ultimate ultra conditioning super soft daily curl wash especially made for us – dry, parched, damaged, used and abused, chemically treated, color treated, natural, kinky, curly hair. Crème de la Curl was specifically formulated for the dry, coarse, tightly coiled curl, but any hairtype longing for a super moisturizing curl wash will benefit. You can never wash your hair too much with this carefully formulated non-sudsy cleansing crème. Excellent for curlies who want clean freshly prepped supple tangle free hair that’s ready to receive any Miss Jessie’s styling product. Crème De La Curl Cleansing creme has athickerconsistency than our Crème De La Creme daily conditioner. 1oz. packet. $2.00
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT CHEMICALLY ALTERING
- Miss Jessie’s Original Curly Pudding: Our world famous Curly Pudding is a “smooth operator” that transforms shrunken kinks to super shiny stretched out curls. 8oz $22.00
- Instructions for use: Apply a palm full of Curly pudding to damp freshly shampooed and conditioned hair. Rake through large sections and air dry. For maximum elongation comb a nickel sized dollop thru small sections and air dry.
- ThermMistTM: Adds invisible layer of maximum heat-protection when using flat irons and curling irons. Smooths the hair’s surface so styling tools actually work better. Leaves hair with magnificent shine, body and control. $7.99
- Mizani Thermastrength Style Serum: A botanically enriched, heat-activated style serum formulated with patented advanced strengthening and anti-breakage ceramide technology to dramatically improve the hair’s tensile strength, leaving the hair feeling strong, shiny and full of body. $17.49
Photo credit: Essence.com