NYFW Beauty. The Good. The Bad. & The So Sad…
Go backstage for an insider’s look at NYFW beauty…maybe even recreate some of these hair and makeup looks on yourself!
SHOW: BIBHU MOHAPATRA
LEAD ARTIST: Jay Manuel and Vincent Oquendo for Jay Manuel Beauty
INSPIRATION: It’s Elizabeth Taylor meets Cleopatra, but there’s a hint of modernity. Statement mattes, rich shimmers and feminine, yet graphic shapes appear as if they were painted on the skin by an artist, bringing to life the textured patterns and elaborate colors of the collection.
THE LOOK: Flawless skin paired with a top-heavy graphic eye and nude lip
“Working with Bibhu is so inspiring, especially since we share a passion for architecture. His Spring/Summer 2016 Collection is partly inspired by Bauhaus, which is one of my favorites. The brands creatively meet on the same platform, creating a natural synergy which makes this partnership ideal for Jay Manuel Beauty.” – Jay Manuel
GET THE LOOK – MAKEUP
- Apply Jay Manuel Filter Finish Collection Skin Perfector Foundation on the entire face and blend well.
- Set the Foundation with the Jay Manuel Filter Finish Collection Luxe Powder.
- Add definition to cheeks, jawline and nose with the Jay Manuel Filter Finish Collection Bronzer in Sex on the Beach or Skinny Dip.
- Apply the Jay Manuel Filter Finish Collection Skin Face Lift in Platinum to the upper apples of the cheeks to illuminate the face.
- Begin by lining the upper lash with Jay Manuel Beauty The Everything Pencil in
- Next, shade in the lid using the Jay Manuel Beauty The Everything Pencil in OMG.
- Then, draw a cat-eye using the Jay Manuel Beauty The Everything Pencil in Foil for a slight shimmer at the lash.
- Following, take the Jay Manuel Beauty The Everything Pencil in Envy or Neo to shade in the lid at the crease following the cat-eye shape.
- Line the bottom lash with the Jay Manuel Beauty The Everything Pencil in
- Apply the Jay Manuel Beauty The Everything Pencil in Foil to the inner corner of the eye.
- Lastly, coat the top lashes with the Jay Manuel Beauty The Everything Mascara in Noir and the bottom lashes with The Everything Mascara in Royale.
- Coat lips with the Jay Manuel Beauty The Ultimate Lipstick in
- Apply Jay Manuel Beauty The Everything Pencil in Glow to the widow’s peak of the top lip and brow bone.
Visit jaymanuelbeauty.com for more product information.