Hear ye! Hear ye! Did you get a load of all the beautiful women walkin’ the Red Carpet at last Sunday’s 2009 BET Awards? I’m sure that my invitation was lost in the mail somewhere. That has to be it. When I think about it though, if BET had asked me to interview the celebs, I would’ve been fired toute suite because I wouldn’t have been asking “so what designer are you wearing?” I would have been asking, “so, girl, I’m lovin’ the color of your mascara, what brand is it?” I know, I know, I have issues, but at least I own them.
Here are my picks for the best beauty looks of the BET Awards 2009:
With the help of a glam squad, movie starlett, Taraji P.Henson’s overall red carpet look, was by far my favorite. I was undoubtedly focused on the neutral tones used on her face, but paid special attention to the smoothness of her skin. Clarins ‘Shine Stopper’ Powder Compact is the perfect product to use to make “your” red carpet appearance. It keeps your skin shine-free and hydrated while you pose for the paps. Ok supertsar!
I mean, just look at Former America’s Next Top Model Contestant and BET Correspondent, Tocarra Jones. As some of our gays like to say, she was givin’ serious “face.” She’s so beautiful, but her purple-laden eyes was what really got my attention. Mmm, could DuWop Cosmetics DuWop Eyes in Violet have had something to do with how fantastic her eyes looked? The richness of the violet hues in this palette are to die for. But more importantly, this color appears so vibrant on Tocarra’s brown skin tone. What a knockout.
Songstress Ciara was well-prepped for the hot Southern California sun. She wore a strapless sheath which left her decolleté and shoulders exposed to the elements. Unfortunately, it looked like one thing was missing…bronzer. Might I suggest Rimmel Natural Bronzer, Sun Light? Get the glow you’ve always wanted with this cheap thrill for only $3.29 @ Walgreens.
Wow, Ms. Alicia Keyes looked absolutely marvelous! Her makeup artist did her justice by finding a shade of lipstick that brought Alicia’s pout alive! A shade of creamy peach topped off with a little gloss does a mouth good. Why should her lips have all of the fun? Try Bobbi Brown’s Lip Quad in Coral and e.l.f. cosmetics Lip Gloss in Trophy Wife to get the same effect and join the party!
This week’s lesson: with the right products, anyone can pull off Red Carpet Glam.
Hue Knew It? I did.
MY PRO PRODUCT DETAILS:
- DuWop Cosmetics DuWop Eyes in Violet: One color – every possibility. Single color palettes of velvety powder eyeshadow that glide on to create the perfect look. The kit contains a base color in darker and lighter versions, a highlighter for a touch of shimmer, plus a coordinating cream liner and a double-ended brush. Shades include: violet shimmer, lilac, deep purple, and silver shimmer shadows, plus a black-violet cream liner. $32.
- Clarins ‘Shine Stopper’ Powder Compact: Offers an immediate and long-lasting matte complexion. Minimizes imperfections while keeping skin soft and hydrated throughout the day. $30
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer, Sun Light: Get a warm glow all over. This is a light, natural looking bronzing powder that gives you the perfect sunless tan you want…any time of the year. $3.29
- Bobbi Brown’s Lip Quad: Each sleek compact features four complementary shade combinations hand-picked by Bobbi herself. The compacts feature pans with clear protective covers and can be popped out and inserted into our customizable palettes. $20
- e.l.f. cosmetics Lip Gloss: The soft and silky formula glides onto lips to create a luscious shine without feeling sticky or tacky. The sheer tint of color is the perfect hue to give you a beautiful and natural glossy look. Infused with key vitamins A & E to protect and moisturize your lips. All our mineral makeup is 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes. $3.29
Photo credits: BET.com